Monday, January 12, 2009

As it just so happens, I got the stomach flu last week and couldn't keep any food down. Points for the pink team in the competition!!! Just kidding, I'd much rather be working my tail off to lose a few lbs than taking the "easy" route--especially when it's as miserable as being sick!!! Anyway, Danny is still eating hot fudge sundaes and losing weight. Grrr.

This week is supposed to be our coldest one yet this winter--a high of 7 degrees on Wednesday. We'll be doing lots of playing at the Germ Tree, going to friend's houses and trying to stay warm. Despite the chilly temperatures, Jack still insists on wearing summer pajamas to bed and, as any of us that know Jack, it's useless to argue. Every time he does something that I'd like him to do differently I hear my Mom's voice say, "Who's the adult here?" Well, I am the adult and I choose to not argue with him--if he catches a cold, I'll give him some Tylenol. And I think she'd be proud!

Danny's got a long week at work this week. His day to pull 12 hours is Monday, so we're used to that, but then he also has an after work staff meeting on Tuesday. So we'll be short on "Daddy/Danny time" for a bit. It's so nice to have him home in the evenings to have dinner with us and play with the kids. It's also a big week for he and I--NINE YEARS this Thursday!!! I can't believe how much life we've crammed into our wonderful nine years together!

Grandma and Grandpa-Down-Down-Steps somehow have internet access!!! Yay! I'm glad that you both get to keep up on the happenings up here in the blustery north!!! <3

I'll post some pictures of our first bowling excursion with the kids later today or tomorrow!

No comments: